You Can Help
Whether you are a full-time or seasonal resident of North Hastings, or just passing through, there are ways you can help ensure Eagles Nest Park is enjoyed for generations to come.
- We ask you to consider donating to help fund future educational programs in the park and to help with trail expansion.
- Consider memorializing someone who contributed to this community during their lifetime with a special plaque, memorial bench, or tree.
- Become a volunteer at work bees in the park.
- Register for one of our nature-themed experiences and make a donation afterwards.
- The Stewards of Bancroft Eagles Nest Park is always looking for individuals with the interest and passion for the park to join the board of directors.
- Showcasing the park through social media is an important role. It is an opportunity to help without leaving your home.
- Do you have something you could offer as a unique educational program in the park? We would be interested in speaking with you.
- If you have a passion for raising funds, we would also like to hear from you.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct messaging us through the Bancroft Eagles Nest Park Facebook page.
The Stewards of Bancroft Eagles Nest Park is a not-for-profit community organization dedicated to the care of Eagles Nest Park’s interpretive trail and the development of educational and recreational opportunities in this very special place.
By becoming a donor to Bancroft Eagles Nest Park, you will be assisting the team of dedicated volunteers who work to ensure the care of the interpretive trail, expand the trail system, and create new experiences for residents and visitors alike.
All donors from the Walker level and up will have a plaque installed in our beautiful Donor Kiosk at the trailhead in the upper parking area.
- Walker ($200-$499)
- Hiker ($500-$999)
- Mountain Biker ($1,000 – $4,999)
- Climber ($5,000 – $9,999)
- Trail Blazer ($10,000 & up)
There are a few ways to donate:
- Drop your donation into one of the donor containers located in the park
- E-transfer your donation to email@example.com
- Mail a cheque to The Stewards of Bancroft Eagles Nest Park, Box 1377 Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0
- If you would like a charitable tax receipt, mail a cheque payable to The Town of Bancroft, with “for Eagles Nest” in the description line, to 8 Hastings Heritage Way, Box 790, Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0.
There are many opportunities to use your unique skills as a volunteer with the Stewards of Bancroft Eagles Nest Park.
We need volunteers to:
- help during work bees in the park.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Help with social media.
- Guide the organization by becoming a board member.
- Greeting participants attending nature-themed events.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a direct message from the Bancroft Eagles Nest Park Facebook page.
The Stewards of Eagles Nest Park offer an opportunity for family, friends, and others, to memorialize deceased individuals who contributed to the cultural, social or economic well-being of the North Hastings community during their lifetime.
- Having a simple memorial plaque placed in the Memorial Kiosk at the Eagles Nest trailhead, with standardized font and size determined by the Stewards.
- Option 1 plus a QR code link to the website with a description of the individual’s contribution to the community.
- The creation of a special monument, bench, tree (local species), or an area of restored natural ground cover, etc. with corresponding plaque. SBENP will approve monument and plaque style, materials, and size. It must respect the local environment, respect culturally sensitive areas within the park, and be consistent with the overall park plan.
Please contact us at email@example.com to make special arrangements.